Sunridge Canyon Golf Club Continues To Improve And Evolve With Course And Facility Enhancements, Plus New Logo
SunRidge Canyon Golf Club, ranked among the “Top 20 Best Courses You Can Play” in Arizona by Golf Magazine, continues to improve through a number of golf course and facility enhancements currently underway at the club. The 21-year old facility, which also just unveiled a new logo, will reopen on Saturday, October 1st with a slightly new look and feel. Following the greens enhancement of summer 2015, this year’s improvements include:
• The removal of several fairway bunkers to expand the fairways on holes #2 and #15
• The construction of a new bridge and wash pass ways on hole #11 for cart traffic and pace of play
• New tee box construction on holes #11 and #18
• Desert brush removal throughout the property
• Makeover of the men’s and women’s locker rooms in the clubhouse
• Crews also performed a deep-tine aerification in August and will be overseeding in September, making for excellent reopening conditions on October 1st
• Hot Stix Club Fitting has moved their headquarters to the practice facility and 1,000 square feet has been added to their location.
• A new Club Car golf cart fleet
Summer 2015 renovations included resurfacing all putting greens with Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda grass; modifying and softening of green undulations to allow for faster green speeds; the expansion of putting surfaces; the redesign of bunkers on five holes; and the expansion of landing areas on three holes.
“Since purchasing the club in 2010, our owners and team have made numerous enhancements and renovations to the golf course, practice facilities and clubhouse here at SunRidge Canyon,” said Wes Neal, head golf professional. “Our team is committed to making SunRidge Canyon one of the finest golf, instruction and dining experiences in the Southwest. Everything we do is with this first-class goal in mind.”
Recent course renovations have improved the playability and agronomic conditions at SunRidge Canyon. The club’s final six holes, known as “The Wicked 6,” are widely considered one of the best final stretches of golf in the country.
In addition, SunRidge Canyon is proud to add Executive Chef/F&B Manager Diana Alfaro-Skidmore to their leadership team. Alfaro-Skidmore has more than 20 years of culinary experience.
“Diana brings instant excellence to our team,” said Kris Starr, director of operations, SunRidge Canyon Golf Club. “She has recently created a new dining club referred to as the ‘Cork & Fork’ and is making an immediate creative impact on the SunRidge Canyon dining experience.”
About SunRidge Canyon
Golf at SunRidge Canyon is an adventure, where nature plays a profound role in establishing the layout among the ridges in Fountain Hills in some of the most picturesque and dramatic stretches of natural land in the Sonoran Desert. Nestled between the canyon walls and foothills of the McDowell Mountains, on the edge of Scottsdale, this Keith Foster-layout features scenic elevation changes, bold design features and natural beauty that is simply awe-inspiring. From its beginning and all the way through the signature “Wicked 6” stretch of finishing holes, it’s no wonder why SunRidge Canyon is consistently ranked in the top 25 “Best Courses You Can Play” in Arizona by Golfweek and Golf Magazine and also hosted the 2014 PGA Club Professional Championship of Canada. For more information on SunRidge Canyon Golf Club, the Wicked 6 Bar and Grill, Hot Stix Golf or instructional opportunities at SunRidge Canyon Golf Club, visit sunridgegolf.com or call 480.837.5100.
Latest posts by Wes Neal (see all)
- Sunridge Canyon Golf Club Continues To Improve And Evolve With Course And Facility Enhancements, Plus New Logo - September 12, 2016
- SunRidge Canyon has the “Sizzle” - September 11, 2016
- SunRidge Canyon Adds Troon Golf Academy - April 14, 2016